From roughly 5:30 to 6:18 AM, (Early to bed, early wise, as old Ben Franklin would say) I composed this song:
From looking at this image, my process appears complicated. It's VERY complicated because I edit quickly, but I process how I should edit slowly. Some people may not have this process, but my process only works for me. I can't tell you what your process is, but I can show you mine. You can learn something new from it, but I cannot predetermine what that "something" is.
Let me show you how my process is complicated (and this entire explanation is not comprehensive):
I wrote this first stanza before boxing it and pointing how I want to perform it. With the title, I initially scratched out "drop" and put it back into the title. Sometime afterwards, I added the subtitle in parentheses. The excess quote marks between "Radio of Parents Minds" (notice the word "their" crossed out) were written accidentally. I think this accident is noteworthy for my process; it demonstrates how attentive to detail I can be (for whatever I think deserves attention, at least).
Here, I boxed the first half of the second stanza. Then, I pointed to what I wanted to remember, as you can see below the corresponding arrow. This helps me specify what I hear in my head.
This image clarifies the music I hear in my head for my song. Ultimately, I need to be as clear as possible how the song will sound once I hit the record button. While I currently use my camcorder, a friend down my dorm's hall has a solid rig to record audio. You can find out about his gaming collective here.
"Country song" was initially written on the next page displayed below, but I obviously added to it as shown below:
To save time (Cropping the same image 30 times in Photoshop is not wise when you're attending John Carroll), I will update this demonstration. Expect that installment by the end of Fall Break (which is a 3-day weekend for JCU). Stay tuned!